I am looking for tips or resources to help make my campus Blackboard courses more visually appealing. 

I recently saw this very cool webinar where someone from SCAD shared an amazing Blackboard course. They had custom modules that made the course look like a cool website. 

They mentioned they used a BB add on called BB Community. Is anyone using that currently or does anyone have more information about it?

Here is a link to the webinar; click here

Thanks!!

Ian

Views: 86

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Found this cool tool yesterday, that will make an embed-able slide show in Blackboard. You create a photo album in flickr, and past the link to the photo album on this website http://flickrslidr.com/ , and the site give you an embed code. This has potential to add a cool visual element to courses. 

Hi, Ian,

This may be a case of carrying coals to Newcastle, but I've always tried to "snazz up" my courses with colorful themes and graphics. I've included a couple of screen shots from my Irish Literature course to illustrate. I am in the process of researching gamification sites in order to incorporate learning games into my courses (and to be able to instruct faculty to do the same in my ID work). Videos are a must, especially with visual millennial students. I tried to access the link you put in about the Flickr slide show, but I got a message about needing a registration code of sorts.

Attachments:

RSS

Subscribe

Subscribe in a reader.

Follow us on twitter.

Notes

new member guide

Created by Alexandra M. Pickett Aug 19, 2010 at 11:52am. Last updated by Alexandra M. Pickett Jun 23, 2015.

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Use hashtags #opensunyCOTE, #lrnchat , or #onlinelearning in your tweets to appear here!

© 2017   Created by Alexandra M. Pickett.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service